Actually my choice would be obvious if I were to choose her best single. In this line-up there is a single I love and a single I really like. One of the songs is composed by the classic composer Tigran Mansuryan who is just adored in Armenia, there is also one song produced by DerHova (composer of Qele Qele) and 9 songs composed by Vahram Petrosyan (her husband). The choice of the artist was made mainly because some players were always asking me why I don’t chose Lilith to represent Armenia in our online contests. If there is a demand – there must be an offer. So here she is . But let you guys chose her best song yourself :)!
Lilit Hovhannisyan was born on 7 December 1987 in Yerevan. Since she was a child, she wanted to be a dress-designer and she did her best to achieve this goal. However, she later decided to follow a career in music. Lilit’s first step in the musical career was through the Hay Superstar show (armenian Pop Idol), where she came just fourth. Lilit’s life-turning encounter with music happened just because her father insisted on trying her abilities in the sphere of music. In 2002, Lilit left the music school after Jrbashian, the department of piano. Afterwards, in 2005, she graduated from the department of vocal of the State Song Theatre of Armenia’s college. Later on, in 2011, Lilit graduated from the Yerevan State Musical Conservatory (YSC) after Komitas, the department of jazz-vocal.
Awards and achievements
- 2007: Finalist of the project of Hay Superstar.
- 2008: The Revelation of the Year in the Armenian National Music Awards.
- 2009: The song “Nran” (by Lilit) came to be known as The Most Downloaded Song.
- 2009: The Best Singer of the Year in the Armenian National Music Awards.
- 2009: The Best Soundtrack of the Year (Spanvac Aghavni/Սպանված Աղավնի) in the Armenian National Music Awards /music by Hayko/.
- 2010: The Most Desirable Armenians prize.
- 2011: The Best Duet of the Year in the website of Hayfanat.
- 2011: The Best Duet of the Year (inchu em qez sirum) featuring Mihram Tsarukyan according to Dar 21 TV Music Awards.
- 2012: The Most-discussed and popular female-singer of the Year according to Argamblog.
- 2013 – The Best Female Singer of the year according to Armenia Music Awards
Now let’s chose her best song for FDLC
Song 1. Elegia
Song 2. GNCHU (Gypsy)
Song 3. Es em horinel (I just imagined it..)
Song 4. Qezmi or toghetsi (One day I left you)
Song 5. Թե աղջիկ լինեիր (If you were a girl)
Song 6. El mi (C’mon stop it!)
Song 7. Eli Lilith (And once again Lilith!)
Song 8. Indz Chspanes (Don’t kill me!)
Song 9. Too Too Too
Song 10. Armenian Girl
Song 11. Mexican
Voting rules: Just rank below your top 3 /8,10,12 points/.
|Song 1||Song 2||Song 3||Song 4||Song 5||Song 6||Song 7||Song 8||Song 9||Song 10||Song 11|
The backstage and opinions of Lilith’s team about her entry in FDLC:
The tune of the Armenian entry was the OST of a beloved movie about a poor guy who couldn’t marry as nobody in the city wanted their daughter to marry with him! in the end he gets in love with a Russian prostitute. The community at first bashed their family but in the end they ended up to be the most happy family in that conservative town 🙂